Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation, and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The Samsung 850 EVO 1TB does a bit better than the 850 Pro 1TB in the same capacity when it comes to notebook battery life. For this test, we don't have the drives beat down to where the advanced error correction is in play. One of these days, we'll take a handful of TLC drives, and wear the flash to the point where the advanced ECC has to kick in. This will allow us to see what happens to the power consumption when the drive has to read the same data from the TLC flash a few times. Given that the 850 EVO uses the next best flash right after SLC, I don't think this product will have any issues for a long time.
Power Limited Performance
The performance rating is a bit lower on the 850 EVO than the 850 Pro in a power-limited environment. Notebooks reduce the bus speeds to the CPU, PCIe, and SATA components to reduce power consumption. Some SSDs do slightly better than others in this reduced power state do. I doubt anyone would actually notice a difference from one drive to another since the latency increases on all drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus