HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
After measuring sequential read performance with a 64KB block size, we see that the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro 1TB model. Most of the drives perform really well in the large block size sequential test; the Corsair Neutron XT is the exception, but performs much better with 128KB blocks.
Write performance separates mainstream SSDs from the top performers. At the 1TB capacity, most drives manage to deliver very high sequential write performance thanks to the increased parallelization writing to more than one NAND die at a time. Again, the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro, and is faster than the 840 EVO.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Here we see sequential reads and writes at the 128KB block size after a reasonable number of sequential and random writes to the 850 EVO 1TB SSD. The write performance doesn't take any large dips in write performance like we see with some products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017