Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
Samsung abandoned the black packaging with the 850 EVO. The minimal retail package design keeps it simple on the front, but does highlight the 3D V-NAND technology.
The rear of the retail package gives us some basic information about the 850 EVO, shows the five-year warranty, and has a massive list of regulatory symbols.
Inside of the package, we found the 850 EVO SSD, a software disk with Magician and Data Migration, and two paper manuals.
This is the first Samsung SSD to abandon the red / orange square at the bottom of the drive. This image almost looks like a black and white picture, but it's not.
The back of the drive gives us the model number, serial number, and PSID for encryption.
The 850 EVO uses a 7mm case design, so it will work in notebooks that require the smaller z-height.
Inside, we found a small PCB with eight NAND flash packages, a controller, and DRAM package. All of the major components are designed and built by Samsung.
The low amount of components needed for the 850 EVO almost amazes me.
The Samsung MEX controller used on the 1TB 850 EVO was also used on the 850 Pro, and 840 EVO products. This is an eight-channel design that is very powerful, but consumes very little power.
The 850 EVO only has one DRAM package to buffer data.
This is our first look at Samsung's new 32-layer, 3-bit per cell 3D V-NAND.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now