Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
Samsung abandoned the black packaging with the 850 EVO. The minimal retail package design keeps it simple on the front, but does highlight the 3D V-NAND technology.
The rear of the retail package gives us some basic information about the 850 EVO, shows the five-year warranty, and has a massive list of regulatory symbols.
Inside of the package, we found the 850 EVO SSD, a software disk with Magician and Data Migration, and two paper manuals.
This is the first Samsung SSD to abandon the red / orange square at the bottom of the drive. This image almost looks like a black and white picture, but it's not.
The back of the drive gives us the model number, serial number, and PSID for encryption.
The 850 EVO uses a 7mm case design, so it will work in notebooks that require the smaller z-height.
Inside, we found a small PCB with eight NAND flash packages, a controller, and DRAM package. All of the major components are designed and built by Samsung.
The low amount of components needed for the 850 EVO almost amazes me.
The Samsung MEX controller used on the 1TB 850 EVO was also used on the 850 Pro, and 840 EVO products. This is an eight-channel design that is very powerful, but consumes very little power.
The 850 EVO only has one DRAM package to buffer data.
This is our first look at Samsung's new 32-layer, 3-bit per cell 3D V-NAND.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset