Inside the Configuration Menu
We used Intel's XL710 chipset drivers to test the Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2. The latest driver for Linux is 1.1.23, and the latest driver for Windows-based systems is ProWare 19.5.
The driver comes with preconfigured profiles of the optimize settings based on different server scenarios. You can also build your own custom profile by digging down into the individual settings to tune performance. The preloaded profiles are detailed below.
Standard Server - This profile is optimized for typical servers.
Web Server - This profile is optimized for IIS and HTTP based web servers.
Virtualization Server - This profile is optimized for Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization environment; selecting this profile disables Data Center Bridging (DCB).
Storage Server - This profile is optimized for Fibre Channel over Ethernet, and iSCSI over DCB performance. Selecting this profile will disable SR-IOV and VMQ.
Storage + Virtualization - This profile is optimized for a combination of storage and virtualization requirements.
Low Latency - This profile is optimized to minimize network latency.
The Performance Options tab opens another set of settings.
The drive allows users to configure teaming with two or more ports from Intel NIC chipsets.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni