Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs today, and a lot of them do revolve around the higher-end X99 chipset. The X99 boards in our graphs include the MSI X99S Gaming 9, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABTYE X99-UD5 WIFI, all of which are using the Intel i7 5960X EE CPU.
As for Z97 based boards, we've got the ASRock Z97X Killer, and the ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula. These will all be sitting alongside our ASUS ROG Maximus VII Impact running at stock and overclocked via our Intel i7 4790K processor.
Heading into the BIOS, we start to mess around with our voltages and multiplier. With little effort, we ended up with our CPU running at 4700MHz via a 47x multiplier, and a 100 BCLK. This isn't a bad overclock, and should provide a nice little performance boost over the stock speed of the i7 4790K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter