Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs today, and a lot of them do revolve around the higher-end X99 chipset. The X99 boards in our graphs include the MSI X99S Gaming 9, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABTYE X99-UD5 WIFI, all of which are using the Intel i7 5960X EE CPU.
As for Z97 based boards, we've got the ASRock Z97X Killer, and the ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula. These will all be sitting alongside our ASUS ROG Maximus VII Impact running at stock and overclocked via our Intel i7 4790K processor.
Heading into the BIOS, we start to mess around with our voltages and multiplier. With little effort, we ended up with our CPU running at 4700MHz via a 47x multiplier, and a 100 BCLK. This isn't a bad overclock, and should provide a nice little performance boost over the stock speed of the i7 4790K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system