Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
SATA can't read and write data at the same time; it's half-duplex, so the controller has to be able to read, then write data quickly. Our tests show that SandForce SF-2281 controllers are the best at this transition, but paired with SLC flash, the SF-2281 takes it to another level. There isn't a lot of drop off at all; it just takes the workload and runs with it.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
The test uses 50% entropy. Entropy is just a fancy name for incompressible data. Since the SLC flash negates the compressible / incompressible roll off, and the controller already does well with mixed workload (read and write) testing, the FSXtreme killed this test.
If you manipulate a lot of sequential data, like reading and writing audio / video files when editing, the FSXtreme 240GB is the fastest SATA SSD money can buy for this purpose.
4K Random Mixed IO
The FSXtreme is optimized for QD8 and QD16 random mixed workloads. Again, this falls inside the A/V editing realm where you have the main file manipulation, the reading and writing from plug-ins, and cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives