Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
SATA can't read and write data at the same time; it's half-duplex, so the controller has to be able to read, then write data quickly. Our tests show that SandForce SF-2281 controllers are the best at this transition, but paired with SLC flash, the SF-2281 takes it to another level. There isn't a lot of drop off at all; it just takes the workload and runs with it.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
The test uses 50% entropy. Entropy is just a fancy name for incompressible data. Since the SLC flash negates the compressible / incompressible roll off, and the controller already does well with mixed workload (read and write) testing, the FSXtreme killed this test.
If you manipulate a lot of sequential data, like reading and writing audio / video files when editing, the FSXtreme 240GB is the fastest SATA SSD money can buy for this purpose.
4K Random Mixed IO
The FSXtreme is optimized for QD8 and QD16 random mixed workloads. Again, this falls inside the A/V editing realm where you have the main file manipulation, the reading and writing from plug-ins, and cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset