In The Box
Once you cut the seal and open up your new toy, you'll be greeted by everything you'd expect to see and then some. There are a lot of items to work your way through so we'll start with the extra stuff and then work our way to the board itself.
I expected to see cabling for the board, but this covers just about any scenario you can come up with. A close look tells us that all but the Molex splitter has something to do with S-Video, so no matter how you're planning on setting up the VIVO capabilities for the board, you'll have the necessary cables to handle the task.
And yes, I said VIVO. You get full-fledged video in and video out functions so you'll be able to do more than just send the display to a TV set. It also allows you to hook up to your VCR or DVD player to let you keep your favorite movies on your system.
This little device may look like a cheap piece of metal and plastic but it can be a blessing to those who want a dual display system but don't have a digital monitor. This is a DVI-VGA adapter and allows a second VGA display to be hooked up via the DVI port on the board. From there it only takes a few seconds to set up the display properties and you'll be all set to enjoy some dual display goodness.
Once upon a time, you could expect to see a good software package any time you purchased a new video board. When the prices of these boards began reaching into the higher realms, most manufacturers began doing away with the software to help keep prices down a bit. Sapphire has pretty much always gone back to the basics in this regard and this board is no different.
Included software consists of a driver disk, DVD playback software, digital editing software, the full version of Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow and the full version of Prince of Persia, Sands of Time. If you dig down a little deeper you'll also come up with a utility called Redline, which is Sapphire's own overclocking utility. Yes, you heard right, Sapphire includes a utility to overclock their video board. Talk about confidence in your own product line!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 3 [The Video Board]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 4 [The Video Board ~ Cont.]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Methodology]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Futuremark]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 11 [AA/AF Quality]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available