Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our ASRock X99 OC Formula motherboard, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a number of other options. Our other options today include the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIAGBYTE X99 UD5-WIFI to round out the X99 options, which are all using the Intel i7 5960X EE CPU.
Along with those, we also have the ASRock Z97X Killer, and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, which are Z97 based boards using the much more budget friendly i7 4790K CPU. As always, before we get into the performance of our board today, we need to take a quick look at what's going on with the board as far as overclocking is concerned.
To overclock today, I opted to use the 4.5GHz profile, which gives us a really good start as far as clock speeds go. More importantly, this is a good area for the voltages to be at. Since I knew this clock speed wouldn't be an issue, I increased the multiplier even higher.
In the end, after messing around for a while, the multiplier was stable at 47x, which gives us a 4.7GHz core clock with the base 100 BCLK. Along with this, we managed to get a tiny boost out of the BCLK, which came in at 100.26. This, in turn, boosted the CPU clock even higher, with the final clock speed coming in at 4712MHz, or 4.712GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is one of the highest clocks we've seen to date, if not slightly higher by a few MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes