Sticking to the basics, Fractal Design packs the Define R5 in plain cardboard with black screen printing for the naming across the top, a rendering of the chassis in the center, and the company logo and web address at the bottom.
Here we find the chassis naming at the top once again, and near the middle, we see the FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK model number is checked off, denoting we have the black model, and not white or titanium. Just below this, we find a rendering of the internal layout as it is shipped.
Around back, we find nine features listed, including the chassis' silent operation, H2O support, ModuVent system, GP14 fans, dust filters, HDD cage modularity, hidden drive bays, front panel, and the quick release panel. The rendering at the bottom shows the chassis, notes where things are located, and how to remove or access them.
The last panel of the package offers both of the charts we discussed, and makes customers fully aware of the cooling and water cooling options by separating those specifications from the rest of the chassis specifications.
There is nothing super special about the inner packaging, yet the use of a thin inner liner, and Styrofoam end caps was more than enough to take the hits the box shows in the images. The Define R5 inside arrived damage-free, and in great shape.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Define R5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Define R5]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood