The CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 is certainly a unique storage solution. It's not often we see a solution sporting three bays over the traditional two, but with that comes additional flexibility when it comes to your storage.
The T3 Thunderbolt 2 carries on the same build quality we have come to expect from CalDigit and the few products we have seen from them, the entire enclosure of the T3 is a single piece design and aluminum at that.
Performance was quite good with the HDD and SSD based solutions. Our 9TB RAID 0 array was able to reach nearly 580 MB/s read and write, while in RAID 1 the T3 came in at a respectable 375 MB/s read and 200 MB/s write.
Installing the SSD modules performance picked up quite a bit with our RAID 0 array topping 1100 MB/s read and 1000 MB/s write, while the RAID 1 setup again topped 1100 MB/s read and 400 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find the CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 Professional RAID External Hard Drive 9TB (T32-9000-US-90) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||70%|
|Value for Money||70%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||80%|
The Bottom Line: CalDigit's T3 Thunderbolt 2 is a solid well built solution for those wanting either capacity or performance in a flexible storage device, though the current market pricing may ward off some potential buyers.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & OS X Benchmarks]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC game release deals: Shadow Tactics + Arizona Sunshine
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel