The ScreenBeam Mini2 provides Iron Man-like abilities to anyone.
I could literally plug this device into anyone's TV, use my phone's IR transmitter to change the input to HDMI, turn on screen mirroring in my phone, connect to the device, and commandeer their screen. However, I use this device on a daily basis a bit differently. The TV in my bedroom isn't smart, it can't stream Netflix or my Amazon movie collection, and this little device allows me to make it smart and stream whatever I want.
There are other devices out there that can make your TV smart, however, with the ScreenBeam Mini2, the transmitter is also the controller. You aren't limited to what streaming services the device supports; rather you are limited by what your device can play.
I was impressed by the quality of the stream, the video and audio both came through at the same time with basically no lag. I do lose the connection when I leave the room, and you need to reconnect again each time you come back in range.
For an affordable $39.99, Actiontec leads the way into the era of seamlessly transmitted HD video/audio with the ScreenBeam Mini2.
PRICING: You can find the Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter retails for $39.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Actiontec's ScreenBeam Mini2 performs just as you would expect. Its ability to take advantage of Miracast and WiDi means a larger pool of devices are supported and the latest in screen mirroring technology all in a small and affordable package makes for a solid product.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99