A Closer Look
There isn't much on the device itself except a reset button. You must power the ScreenBeam Mini2 through its micro USB port, some TVs have them, but many don't.
Here at TweakTown we void our warranty so you don't have to! I am like Curious George, I always want to know what's inside the device, and the ScreenBeam Mini2 is no exception.
However, there isn't much to see here, everything sensitive is contained within shielding, and I wasn't about to unsolder the shielding from the board. You can get a glimpse of the receiver antenna in the PCB.
All you have to do is plug in the ScreenBeam Mini2 into the HDMI port on any TV and then switch the input on the TV to the HDMI port. I actually control this TV with my phone's IR transmitter so I used my phone to change the input.
Then I go into the screen mirroring menu of my Galaxy S4 and the ScreenBeam Mini2 is right where it should be, I just tap it to connect. I thought that it wasn't possible to connect directly to my Wi-Fi and to the ScreenBeam Mini2 as I would be using Miracast, however it was possible.
Once both devices see each other, the ScreenBeam Mini2 lets you know that "Magic is about to happen".
I decided to try Netflix streaming in HD. It worked. It worked well. You can almost see the HD quality in the photo of my TV. Audio came through very nicely as well. There was no noticeable lag between the phone and the TV like there was with early WiDi systems I had seen in 2011.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand