Guardian Technology Platform
SanDisk's award-winning Guardian Technology Platform is a proprietary approach that manages the physics of the NAND, and not just the errors. It consists of three integral components.
SanDisk subjects all NAND to an extensive characterization process before assembly. Aggregated flash management ensures there is an even distribution of different classes of NAND to benefit the whole. Once assembled, the Guardian Technology Platform takes over, and NAND settings are monitored and adjusted constantly. Retention and wear metrics are typically programmed during NAND processing, and never altered. With Guardian, adaptive programming tailors the NAND settings at the base level by dynamically adjusting flash parameters over the course of the SSDs life. This creates an exponential increase in NAND endurance.
As NAND geometries shrink, endurance also shrinks, and data errors multiply. SMART utilizes adaptive ASP (Advanced Signal Processing) in concert with advanced two-level BCH ECC algorithms to combat data errors. Typical SSDs can only achieve wear leveling on each NAND package, but Aggregated Flash Processing treats all of the flash elements as a whole, and provides global cross-die wear leveling. The wear leveling algorithms also monitor the health of individual flash cells, and dynamically focuses the heaviest workloads on the healthiest flash. The result is impressive endurance metrics. The ULLtraDIMM provides ten DWPD of random write endurance, and 25 DWPD for sequential write workloads.
DataGuard provides full data path protection, and the F.R.A.M.E. (Flexible Redundant Array of Memory Elements) functionality. F.R.A.M.E. is a cross-die data redundancy feature, similar to parity, which allows for data reconstruction in the event of a catastrophic event, such as a flash page or block failure (some incarnations can even recover from an entire die failure). This internal XOR provides embedded fault tolerance, and a BER rating of one unrecoverable error per 10^17.
EverGuard is a third generation host power-loss protection design that protects against unexpected power interruptions. An array of discrete PolyTantalum capacitors provides power to flush all data in transit to the NAND during power loss. These Tantalum capacitors are rated for high temperature environments, and do not experience degradation over time. There are additional architectural features, such as advanced controller power management and lower pages reserved for power-down writes, that reduce the power hold up time requirements. The entire MCS chipset falls under the EverGuard umbrella, providing power backup for early-commit operations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact