Inside the S340
Removing the bezel is easy enough, as it just clips to the chassis and has no wiring attached. Looking at the front of the chassis, we find no fans yet, but there is the magnetic dust filter that lifts out the top of the bezel for easy cleaning.
As we get our first look inside, we find that the fan wiring is bundled, and they also include Molex adapters. However, we see no paperwork, and you can just barely make out the white NZXT box under the louvers of the PSU cover.
Inside the front of the chassis, we find the I/O is hanging from the roof, but the wiring does run right out of the back of the tray to stay out of the way. Down the front, we see that slots have been cut to allow some flexibility to the mounting of the 140mm or 120mm fans that can go here.
At the bottom of the chassis, we find a shelf at the bottom of the motherboard tray. This shelf has an opening to allow wiring to the 2.5" drives at the left. There is also room for GPU wiring in the middle, and the shelf is louvered to help cool the drive bays under them.
Above that shelf, we have the motherboard tray with the huge CPU cooler cutout. There are two holes at the top for wiring, and nine places to tie up wiring, but the right side of the tray is wide open. This is why NZXT offers the angled steel cover, as it will hide the majority of wires that typically flank the right side.
Inside of the back of the chassis, we find the 120mm fan exhausting this chassis is already in place, and like the fan above, it also gives the option for a three-pin connection, or the Molex adapter for power. From this angle, we can also see the thumbscrews that hold the covers in place, but they are outside, past the steel wall the fan mounts to.
Behind the tray, we find the wiring runs down to the pair of HDD bays, and is tucked in along with the hardware box above it; this keeps the wiring from causing any damage. As for the tray, there is 17mm of room to the majority of the right side, but to the left and the bottom, there is no real limit on wiring.
At the bottom, at the back of the chassis, you have to slide the PSU in from the back, as the rails on the sides prevent it from sliding in from this angle. There are also support rails to either side that will keep the fan grill off the floor, even with the longest of PSUs to choose from.
As for the included wiring from the I/O panel, it is nice that everything is either sleeved, or is naturally black in color. As for these wires, there is the HD audio connection at the left, the native USB 3.0 connection in the middle, leaving the smaller connections to plug into the motherboard for the LEDs, and power button.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design