Case Build and Finished Product
It took a bit of time to accomplish, but we are very pleased with the outcome. The Water 3.0 Ultimate fits into the top with ease, and we gutted the parts we didn't need for better air flow in general. Even though this is a mid-tower and the board is right above the PSU, it really does have a full-tower feel to it in this state.
Around back, we had no issues to discuss with the shield installation, securing the card, or with the way the PSU installs; all is well and normal here.
While we realize we left a SATA plug un-powered when we took this image, we had no issues routing the cabling, tending to it, and most importantly, getting the panel back on over this. While in our setup, we did find the need for a fan hub; even stacking the wiring as we did posed no issue for the Core V51.
With the Core V51 all back together and ready for power, we like the external appearance and the view through the window. Even with all the tweaking and stress involved with gutting the chassis and completing the build, the mating lines are still as close and even as they were out of the box.
Once powered, things came to life in a big way. We had the fan hub powered with 12V, so the Water 3.0 was putting off a lot of noise. However, when isolated, the stock fans never went over 36dB. Even with the bays in play, and just the stock fans, flow is good, and will suffice for most systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core V51 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core V51]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99