Case Build and Finished Product
It took a bit of time to accomplish, but we are very pleased with the outcome. The Water 3.0 Ultimate fits into the top with ease, and we gutted the parts we didn't need for better air flow in general. Even though this is a mid-tower and the board is right above the PSU, it really does have a full-tower feel to it in this state.
Around back, we had no issues to discuss with the shield installation, securing the card, or with the way the PSU installs; all is well and normal here.
While we realize we left a SATA plug un-powered when we took this image, we had no issues routing the cabling, tending to it, and most importantly, getting the panel back on over this. While in our setup, we did find the need for a fan hub; even stacking the wiring as we did posed no issue for the Core V51.
With the Core V51 all back together and ready for power, we like the external appearance and the view through the window. Even with all the tweaking and stress involved with gutting the chassis and completing the build, the mating lines are still as close and even as they were out of the box.
Once powered, things came to life in a big way. We had the fan hub powered with 12V, so the Water 3.0 was putting off a lot of noise. However, when isolated, the stock fans never went over 36dB. Even with the bays in play, and just the stock fans, flow is good, and will suffice for most systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core V51 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core V51]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017