Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
We expected good things with the stock level of power being delivered to the Kraken X61, and we are a bit surprised with the results. Overtaking all other dual radiator AIO designs, and even passing up a few custom loops with the 47.75 degree result, the Kraken X61 manages to reach third place overall.
Slipping ever so slightly to fourth overall when the overclock is applied is still great for an AIO. Only the 360mm Thermaltake solution beats it in AIOs, and the Phobya and EK kits are only slightly better.
Noise Level Results
Starting things off with our low-end of testing, the 29 dB we heard at this point is very tolerable, and in most chassis environments, it is likely that the Kraken will be very tough to hear while under normal usage.
Seeing specifications like more than 100 CFM, and almost 2mmH2O of pressure from these 140mm fans, we had a suspicion that things may in fact get loud when let lose at their maximum levels. The 59 dB rating here proves our suspicion, but keep in mind: we forced this result as a worst case scenario. With software control, it is likely you will never get to this level of noise unless you are going all out and need that extra power for benching.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [NZXT CAM Software Tutorial]
- Page 7 [NZXT CAM Software Usability]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers