NZXT CAM Software Usability
Once through with the tutorial, you can then play in the software. Notice we collapsed the right side where the usage graphs were, and we can do the same to the left side too. In the main window, we still have options to change the profile used, adjust the fan speed with the plus and minus icons, and you can click on the LED box too.
The custom tab is much like the manual setting in reality, except that custom has a predefined fan curve already, and manual is flat lined. In manual mode, you just raise speed as a whole without a curve, but in custom, you can add set point and drag them around like we did at the left.
In performance mode, we see a very aggressive fan curve off to the left side, but keep in mind that this setting is the only way to get the full pump speed on this setup. We were unable to find another way to make it happen, and even here the RPM still fluctuated quite a bit in the range of 1000 RPM unless the CPU is loaded.
When you click on the LED box on the main page, it opens this much smaller window. This is where you can set standard lit mode, breathing, or blinking, and at the bottom is an option to just roll through the colors in rainbow mode. At the bottom, you can even set a warning color that is different than the normal color, along with a temperature at which the color change should occur.
As for the color options, NZXT offers six preset colors to choose from at the top. While you cannot input RGB color codes in the lower section, you can adjust the sliders and still come up with tons of other color options. The speed indicator at the bottom increases the breathing or blinking modes, and will also adjust the rate in which colors change in rainbow mode.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [NZXT CAM Software Tutorial]
- Page 7 [NZXT CAM Software Usability]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse