Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With the stock level of testing applied to the H220-X, we find a very reasonable temperature result with the 48.75 degree average in our tests. Again, the pump is left running full speed, and only the fans are limited for this testing. We did allow for PWM in one round of testing, and found them to be similar to our method at this level.
As we turn up the heat, the Swiftech H220-X goes from sixth best in our last chart to fourth at this level, with an average temperature of 67.58 degrees. It is the top performer in its class of sealed 240mm radiator based AIOs; in fact, only a triple radiator AIO, and only a couple of full on custom kits did better. Keep in mind: we are speaking of less than two degrees from first to fourth.
Noise Level Results
At this point, we are limiting the fan speeds, and with 7.5 volts supplied to them in this test, we found the Helix fans were spinning at 1050 RPM, delivering only 25 dB of noise into the room.
To put that into perspective, if you left it alone and allowed PWM control of it all, you wouldn't be hearing much of the H220-X unless benching or playing some serious games.
After letting the fans spread their wings with the voltage tuned back up to twelve volts, we found the fans spinning at 1850RPM, and delivering 41 dB of noise into the office.
While we were not shocked at what Swiftech was able to accomplish here, we are indeed pleased with what we found in our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017