HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Reading across the entire user available span of the Ultra II 480GB gave us an average speed of 473.4 MB/s. The only other drive on our chart that is faster in this test is the SanDisk Extreme PRO, SanDisk's flagship consumer SSD.
The Ultra II's SLC layer gives us a sequential write performance boost for a small slice of this test. Sequential write performance quickly drops down to TLC levels, around 200 MB/s with 64KB data.
Here we see the actual test, and can spot how far into the test the performance dips. Even though the SLC area can write at 430 MB/s, when it has to dump the data down to TLC, the writes slow to just over 200 MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After writing to the full span of the drive with sequential data, and then a handful of random data write bursts, we run HD Tach to see what real-world, light workload sequential performance is like. The Ultra II 480GB has a few drops to roughly 110 MB/s, but for the most part, performance stays above 150MB/s and averages 200.9 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league