Just last month, we got our first taste of the latest in wireless router technology when the ASUS RT-87U made its way through the lab. While these AC2400 routers are capable of tremendous wireless throughput, the lack of client adapters will certainly stunt the adoption rate. Today, with the launch of the latest solution from Linksys, we now have each of the top three vendors with an AC2400 solution in the market.
The Linksys E8350 is the latest product to come from the labs at Linksys. This wireless router supports 600Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, and 1.73Gbps over the 5GHz band, supported via four external antennas. Wired connectivity is issued via four-gigabit LAN ports, and a single gigabit WAN port found on the rear of the unit.
A dual-core 1.4GHz processor powers the E8350, along with 512MB of DRAM, and 128MB of flash memory. Additionally, as with most routers these days, the E8350 deploys a single USB 3.0 port, along with a combo eSATA USB 2.0 port for storage.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Adding to the specifications we mentioned above, the E8350 supports FAT32, NTFS, and HSF+ for external storage. Additionally, this solution supports the latest IPV6 standard, along with added VPN support via IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP.
Minimum system requirements include a Wi-Fi enabled PC running, at the least, Windows XP SP3, or a OS X based system running 10.6.1+.
MSRP of the Linksys E8350 wireless router is listed at $249.99, with a one-year warranty. Availability of the router is quite high at this point in time, with nearly every retailer having stock.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys E8350 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Linksys E8350 retails for $249.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives