Just last month, we got our first taste of the latest in wireless router technology when the ASUS RT-87U made its way through the lab. While these AC2400 routers are capable of tremendous wireless throughput, the lack of client adapters will certainly stunt the adoption rate. Today, with the launch of the latest solution from Linksys, we now have each of the top three vendors with an AC2400 solution in the market.
The Linksys E8350 is the latest product to come from the labs at Linksys. This wireless router supports 600Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, and 1.73Gbps over the 5GHz band, supported via four external antennas. Wired connectivity is issued via four-gigabit LAN ports, and a single gigabit WAN port found on the rear of the unit.
A dual-core 1.4GHz processor powers the E8350, along with 512MB of DRAM, and 128MB of flash memory. Additionally, as with most routers these days, the E8350 deploys a single USB 3.0 port, along with a combo eSATA USB 2.0 port for storage.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Adding to the specifications we mentioned above, the E8350 supports FAT32, NTFS, and HSF+ for external storage. Additionally, this solution supports the latest IPV6 standard, along with added VPN support via IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP.
Minimum system requirements include a Wi-Fi enabled PC running, at the least, Windows XP SP3, or a OS X based system running 10.6.1+.
MSRP of the Linksys E8350 wireless router is listed at $249.99, with a one-year warranty. Availability of the router is quite high at this point in time, with nearly every retailer having stock.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys E8350 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Linksys E8350 retails for $249.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD