We only received the X10DRi-T motherboard for our tests. The retail package should contain:
- Six (6) SATA Cables - 61cm flat S-S PBF
- One (1) I/O Shield
- One (1) Quick Reference Guide
Optional accessories are:
- Heat Sinks - Socket 2011-3 Narrow
- TPM security module - TPM module with Infineon 9655, RoHS/REACH, PBF; Vertical or Horizontal, depending on the server layout and expansion cards used
- SuperDOM - Supermicro SATA DOM Solutions
Here we get a look at the block diagram that shows how all the input and output devices connect to the C612 Chipset, which uses new Intel microarchitecture 22nm process technology.
The PCH C612 chip provides Enterprise SMbus support and includes the following features:
- DDR4 288-pin memory support on Socket R3
- Hybrid clock support capable of extending to most 2S platforms
- Support for Management Engine (ME)
- Support of SMBus speeds of up to 400KHz for BMC connectivity
- Improved I/O capabilities to high storage capacity configurations
- SPI Enhancements
- Intel Node Manager 3.0 for advanced power monitoring; capping and management for BMC enhancement (See the note below)
- BMC supports remote management, virtualization, and the security package for enterprise platforms
Here we get our first look at the X10DRi-T workstation motherboard.
With a size of 12" x 13", E-ATX form factor, the X10DRi-T can fit many different cases that include rack mount types and 4U tower cases. Please note that a Revision M chassis is recommended for this motherboard.
The overall layout of the X10DRi-T is clean, not cluttered, and the CPU Sockets are staggered to offer better airflow to the processor heat sinks.
Here we see the PCIe slots, which are:
- Three PCI-E 3.0 x16
- Three PCI-E 3.0 x8
The first PCIe slot is in line with the RAM slots of CPU one, so make sure that your expansion card will fit into this slot.
Now we are looking at the lower left side of the motherboard. There are ten SATA ports seen here. The Intel SCU controls the top four S-SATA Ports (0-3). The remaining six I-SATA Ports (0-5) are controlled by the Intel PCH C612 chipset. These SATA ports support RAID 0, 1, 10, and 5.
Here we are looking at the upper right section of the motherboard. There are only two fan headers located here.
The lower right side of the motherboard has its main power connectors over on the right edge on the motherboard. There are also five fan headers located on the edge of the motherboard.
Here we see a close up of the new Socket 2011 R3. The X10DRi-T uses the narrow version of Socket 2011-3. As you can see, it looks very much like the normal Socket 2011 that we have seen on past boards. However, last gen processors will not fit this new socket because it has a different pin configuration, and notches inside the socket will only work on the new Haswell-EP E5-2600 v3 processors.
The mounting holes for heat sinks are the same as those used on Socket 2011 systems, so you should have no problems using those heat sinks.
Now we are looking at the back I/O Ports. At the left, we see the COM port. Next, we find two USB 2.0 ports, and an IPMI Dedicated LAN port. Next are two USB 3.0 ports. Then we find two 10GBase-T Ethernet ports. And finally, we have the video-out port, supported by ASPEED AST2400 BMC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99