Now that we've seen that there isn't much to this device to complicate things, lets go over the drive installation. The drive being used for testing is a little older Seagate Barracuda 40GB model. While it isn't as fast as many available today, it still has a lot of usefulness left in it and was just sitting on a shelf before having a chance to be productive once again.
After removing both covers, it is a simple matter to connect the Molex and ribbon cables to the hard drive. It works just like when you install it into a normal enclosure. Once the cables are hooked up, however, things can get a bit tricky. Here is what I mean:
As you can see, things get a bit tight when you insert the hard drive into the enclosure. Just a bit extra length to the main unit would be helpful here, but you can get the drive inserted fully if you work carefully. The lack of room also makes it difficult to install the top cover plate but a little perseverance will pay off in the end.
Once you get the drive inserted it is time to secure it in place. With the four larger screws that come with the kit, simply screw them into the base of the hard drive. The holes are universal to modern drives so there won't be any problems with fit. Once the drive is secured, it will effectively eliminate excess vibration caused when the drive spindle spins up.
The final step before hooking it to your system is to get both cover plates back on. Remember back on the Contents page when I mentioned a small screwdriver? You'll need it here because these screws are tiny. Once you get both covers back in place we're ready to see how this thing performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller