This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The Samsung 800GB 845DC PRO averages 35,926 IOPS, the 400GB 845DC PRO averages 34,610 IOPS, and the DC S3700 provides 32,820 IOPS within a tighter performance envelope. The Micron M500DC averages 21,133 IOPS with significant variability.
The 800GB 845DC PRO distances itself from the pack with heavier workloads in the OLTP test.
The 800GB 845DC PRO averages 2.47 watts, the 400GB 845DC PRO averages a mere 2.39 watts, the M500DC averages 2.76 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.30 watts.
The 800GB 845DC PRO averages 14,919 IOPS-per-watt, the 400GB 845DC PRO averages 14,474 IOPS-per-watt, the M500DC averages 7,676 IOPS-per-watt, and the DC S3700 averages 10,629 IOPS-per-watt.
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The 800GB 845DC PRO provides 26,011 IOPS at 256 OIO. The 400GB 845DC PRO follows with 26,474 IOPS. The M500DC averages 18,650 IOPS, falling to the DC S3700's average of 24,551 IOPS.
The 400GB 845DC PRO provides a better performance profile than its larger sibling, but both easily outpace the competitors.
The 800GB 845DC PRO averages 3.17 watts, the 400GB 845DC PRO averages 2.97 watts, the M500DC averages 3.21 watts, and the DC S3700 requires 3.85 watts during the fileserver workload.
The 800GB 845DC PRO averages 3,722 IOPS-per-watt, and the 400GB 845DC PRO averages an incrementally higher 4,326 IOPS-per-watt. The M500DC scores 1,965 IOPS-per-watt, in comparison to 2,096 IOPS for the DC S3700.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4