8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the 800GB 845DC PRO is 51,564 IOPS; the 400GB 845DC PRO is 51,584 IOPS; the Intel DC S3700 measures 45,423 IOPS; and the Micron M500DC scores 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO. The 845DC PRO models continue to offer similar random read performance.
The similar random read performance of the 845DC PRO models once again creates similar performance profiles.
The 800GB 845DC PRO leads the test with an average of 24,233 IOPS, and the M500DC comes in second place with an average of 23,852 IOPS at 256 OIO. The 400GB 845DC PRO has a much tighter performance profile and leads the majority of the test, which is also mirrored by the 800GB model. The DC S3700 delivers a consistent average of 17,263 IOPS. The performance of the Samsung and Micron offerings are impressive, especially given the low price point of the M500DC.
The 845DC PRO models scale well at lower queue depths, but the M500DC closes the gap with heavier loadings. The 800GB 845DC PRO manages to eke out the win in this test.
The 845DC PRO models deliver great performance in this test, with the 800GB DC PRO model taking the lead in the majority of the test.
Power consumption for the 800GB 845DC PRO remains impressive with only a slight increase in power consumption over the 400 GB 845DC PRO model. The 800GB model averages 3.22 watts, the 400GB 845DC PRO averages an outstanding 3.04 watts, the M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.96 watts.
The 845DC PRO SSDs lead again with roughly 7,700 IOPS-per-watt, the M500DC averages 4,877 IOPS-per-watt, and the DC S3700 averages 4,328 IOPS-per-watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse