Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
For this sort of testing, while we limit the fan speed, we do allow the pump to roll at full speed. With this kit, we found the DDC 3.2 spinning at 4500 RPM, and emitting only a slight hum. This allowed the EKWB Supremacy EVO to jump up near the top of the list with the 48 degree results in our stock testing.
Considering the other parts we used are nothing super special, that is not to downplay EKWB quality, but we could have assembled similar components from other makers and would have likely gotten very similar results. With our overclock now in play, we find the Supremacy EVO steps up another notch as it settles in third place with the 66.91 degree average in our testing.
We are not including a noise level test, as there were no fans included, and this will change with everyone's personal preference in fan choice. Looking in our pile-o-fans, we grabbed a pair of Swiftech Helix-120-BW-PWM fans to use in testing. Just for reference, these fans spun at 1200 RPM for the stock testing, and they were recorded spinning at 1800RPM to gain the results we see above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EK Supremacy EVO Clear CSQ Copper/Plexi CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- This monster USB hub charges up to 28 devices at once
- League of Legends table top game sets the mood for fun
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications