Apotop S3C 256GB SSD
Apotop uses what I call Samuel L. Jackson Purple (from Mace Windu's light saber in Star Wars) for the A3C package and drive. It's a nice, deep purple color. The cut out on the front of the box allows us to see the capacity.
The retail package shows us the model and serial number. We also found a sticker on the back, and some performance information.
Inside of the box we found the S3C SSD, along with the accessories in the package. You get a desktop adapter bracket, a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, and screws for mounting the drive.
Apotop used a reflective chrome-like label that is difficult to capture in a picture.
This is a 7mm z-height drive, so it will fit in your new Ultrabook that requires a slimmer SSD.
Inside we found a full size PCB that was underutilized to get to 256GB.
The controller is from Silicon Motion, and it's the SM2246EN model.
There are four NAND packages total, two on each side. The flash isn't marked other than a five digit code, G4Z81.
There is a single DRAM package of unknown density. The top says A-TOP.
Apotop's specifications page says this is synchronous flash. We suspect it's Micron 20nm die in the package, but we can't confirm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Apotop S3C 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse