Apotop S3C 256GB SSD
Apotop uses what I call Samuel L. Jackson Purple (from Mace Windu's light saber in Star Wars) for the A3C package and drive. It's a nice, deep purple color. The cut out on the front of the box allows us to see the capacity.
The retail package shows us the model and serial number. We also found a sticker on the back, and some performance information.
Inside of the box we found the S3C SSD, along with the accessories in the package. You get a desktop adapter bracket, a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, and screws for mounting the drive.
Apotop used a reflective chrome-like label that is difficult to capture in a picture.
This is a 7mm z-height drive, so it will fit in your new Ultrabook that requires a slimmer SSD.
Inside we found a full size PCB that was underutilized to get to 256GB.
The controller is from Silicon Motion, and it's the SM2246EN model.
There are four NAND packages total, two on each side. The flash isn't marked other than a five digit code, G4Z81.
There is a single DRAM package of unknown density. The top says A-TOP.
Apotop's specifications page says this is synchronous flash. We suspect it's Micron 20nm die in the package, but we can't confirm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Apotop S3C 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99