Test System Setup
For all tests we have run, we used default BIOS settings.
This is the CPUz screen, showing the various stats of the Xeon E3-1276 v3 CPU. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 84 watts, and core voltage of 0.720V.
This is a quad-core CPU with hyper-threading, giving us four cores/eight threads to work with. The CPU has a stock speed of 3.6GHz, and a turbo of up to 4.0GHz. In addition to four CPU cores, the microprocessor embeds HD P4600 Graphics Processing Unit. While this graphics unit is not fast enough to play the latest games with all settings on, it can be used for casual gaming and 3D apps. The memory we used in our tests is 32GBs of Kingston RAM, KVR16E11/8EF 1.5V CL11 1600MHz. Features of the E3-1276 v3 processor are:
The Intel Xeon E3-1276 v3 processor is a very powerful CPU that matches up very well in workstations like the P300. Many features like VT-x and VT-d can come in handy if you plan to use VMs on the system. Virtualization (VT-x) Features lower entry/exit latency, which reduces VMM overhead, and increases overall virtualization performance. VM control structure (VMCS) shadowing enables efficient nested VMM usages, such as manageability and VM protection.
Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) 2.0 has also been updated to AVX2, which now uses 256-bits floating point SIMD instructions. This will allow you to use up to twice the amount of packed data with a single instruction. Turbo and AVX Improvements will automatically allow processor cores to run faster than rated, and AVX frequencies if they are operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
The video card that came with our system is the NVIDIA Quadro K4000. The K4000 and other NVIDIA video cards available for the P300 allow it to be certified to run many key professional independent software vendor (ISV) applications, including Adobe, Autodesk®, Dassault, PTC, SolidWorks, Avid, and Siemens. The main specification list for the NVIDIA Quadro K4000 is shown here. The K4000 is a powerful workstation video card, and is able to run demanding applications, and has the ability to use OpenCL and Cuda applications on the P300.
Looking at the GPUz screenshot for the K4000 gives us a fully detailed breakdown of the specifications for the K4000. Let's move forward now with testing the Lenovo ThinkStation P300 Tower Workstation. We will show test results from actual workstations we have tested, and not just motherboards. Workstation load outs can effect scores vs motherboards that have far less options installed. We will also keep this on same socket setups, so processor classes will not be mixed up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Bundled Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench 5.1.3 and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni