Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With stock level load applied to the Okeanos, we find it resulted in an average of 50.25 degrees across multiple runs. Falling just slightly behind the Noctua NH-D15 and GamerStorm Assassin is a great showing for Reeven, and it does top the performance of the majority of air coolers on that list.
With the overclock applied, and many tests run, we found the average temperature to be 70 degrees flat. It closes the gap to the Noctua NH-D15, as it becomes the number two air cooling solution in our chart.
Noise Level Results
With the voltage limited, and the fans cruising at 1275 and 1100 RPMs (for the 120mm and 140mm fans respectively), we find the noise level to be plainly audible, but still tolerable at 38 dB.
Just for reference, these are also very close to the speeds that the adapters would provide, so this could also be as loud as the cooler would ever get with them installed.
The Okeanos suffers in the same department as the Ouranos, and that is here in the full speed fan testing. Where all the other coolers in this segment can do what they do with much less noise, Reeven throws silence to the wind, and allows the cooler to get to 62 dB while under full stress.
As for the fans, the 120mm fan reported speeds of 1900 RPMs, and the 140mm fan spun at 1650 RPMs with 12V running through them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni