Accessories and Documentation
The hardware kit that comes with the Okeanos is very similar to what we found with the Ouranos, with a few additions. Here we see the wrench that works on the top bracket nuts, which are shown to the right of the wrench. This wrench can also be used for the cross bracket screws shown below it. We find the backplate studs in the middle, and the LGA2011 hardware to the right as well.
We also find a universal AMD and Intel backplate that is not isolated on its own; it is just black painted steel. On the right are white spacers for the top of the board, and four rubber washers to surround the studs, and isolate the backplate. We also get a LGA775 preload spacer to stick to the plate, and a plastic bag of thermal paste.
Once the back plate is installed, and the spacers are on the studs, the next step is to add this universal top bracket. It will go on in both directions for AMD, as well as Intel users. Once this bracket is secured, you take the cross bracket at the top, set it in the base of the cooler, and mount it to the larger top bracket.
We also found the box contains a voltage limiter to keep the 140mm fan running at 1100 RPM, and an installation manual that is detailed enough to get anyone through the process. To the right we find the Okeanos ships with six wire fan clips, so it is prepared to run with three fans if that is desired, and we also find a limiter to keep the 120mm fan at 1200 RPM.
We made sure to get a look at the fans that come with the Okeanos. To the left is a 140mm fan, powered with a four-pin connection at the end of a sleeved cable; this fan offers a black frame, and nine large yellow blades. The 120mm fan offers the same features, but has eleven smaller blades so that it can keep up with the 140mm fan, and share almost identical capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook