We can't say that we have seen a package done in black green and gold before, but Reeven manages to pull it off. At the top we find the Reeven logo, and the Ouranos 140mm fan CPU cooler naming above the large image of the cooler below. At the bottom left, the space is used to show socket compatibility.
The side panel shows the RC-1401 in the header, and four renderings of the cooler showing dimensions, and the air flow pattern. In both English and Japanese, there are lists of things you should and should not do with the Ouranos inside the box.
On the back of the box, there is more black and green for the backdrop, but this time, almost the entire panel is used to display a short list of specifications, in seven different languages. Near the bottom is a black band that provides the company name, and also delivers the sales and Reeven webpage addresses.
The remaining side of the packaging is used to offer three features across the top, including the dual fan potential, the unique top fin, and the use of heat pipes of different diameters in the base. We then get another image of the Ouranos, and below that, the socket compatibility information is a bit more thorough.
Upon opening the box, we find the hardware box with a finger hole to ease removal. Under that box, we find the cooler with an extra layer of cardboard slid down all four sides. The fan can be located between one of those extra cardboard inserts and the outer packaging; this insert keeps the products from damaging each other during shipping. For such simple packaging, we are surprised to see that there is absolutely no damage to our sample; it is straight as an arrow, and ready for viewing and testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Ouranos RC-1401 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017