We can't say that we have seen a package done in black green and gold before, but Reeven manages to pull it off. At the top we find the Reeven logo, and the Ouranos 140mm fan CPU cooler naming above the large image of the cooler below. At the bottom left, the space is used to show socket compatibility.
The side panel shows the RC-1401 in the header, and four renderings of the cooler showing dimensions, and the air flow pattern. In both English and Japanese, there are lists of things you should and should not do with the Ouranos inside the box.
On the back of the box, there is more black and green for the backdrop, but this time, almost the entire panel is used to display a short list of specifications, in seven different languages. Near the bottom is a black band that provides the company name, and also delivers the sales and Reeven webpage addresses.
The remaining side of the packaging is used to offer three features across the top, including the dual fan potential, the unique top fin, and the use of heat pipes of different diameters in the base. We then get another image of the Ouranos, and below that, the socket compatibility information is a bit more thorough.
Upon opening the box, we find the hardware box with a finger hole to ease removal. Under that box, we find the cooler with an extra layer of cardboard slid down all four sides. The fan can be located between one of those extra cardboard inserts and the outer packaging; this insert keeps the products from damaging each other during shipping. For such simple packaging, we are surprised to see that there is absolutely no damage to our sample; it is straight as an arrow, and ready for viewing and testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Ouranos RC-1401 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package