Starting off with the Ventus, it is one of the first ambidextrous mice we have used that doesn't really feel ambidextrous. With the rounded sides, the flatter top, and the button layout, you never really feel like you are missing anything. Of course, wings to keep your fingers off the mouse pad are always nice, but that element usually doesn't make it into such a design.
We found the laser sensor and its 5700 DPI range more than sufficient in our testing, and in reality, we cannot control a mouse with 8200 DPI set anyways. The lighting aspect may be simple in its options, but the illuminated sections are well placed, and do look nice when active. The ability of this mouse once the software is installed is very good as well, as it caters to everything today's gamers need in their weapon of choice.
The Draconem really shocked us. There is the slight issue of the aluminum edges being very sharp, but for the accuracy, and the heightened sensitivity it provides, this mouse pad is truly awesome. The Draconem makes the Ventus so accurate on either side of it, that we found ourselves with very little need to go past 1600 DPI for most of our time using it. On a cloth top pad, the Ventus did not slide nearly as nice, and we had to keep turning the DPI up to compensate for a sluggish and almost unresponsive experience. Considering there is the mouse bungee option to use as well, Tt eSPORTS has delivered us a mouse pad that will change the way we view any other pad offered to us later on.
Now, all we have left to cover is the pricing. What we really like about this whole setup, is that you can have both the Ventus and the Draconem for under $100. Just to refresh, the MSRP of the Ventus is set to $49.99, and on its own that is a tremendous deal for what is delivered. The Draconem is pricey for a mouse pad, but after everything we have seen it do for a mouse, the $39.99 investment is worth every penny, and will honestly make you never want another cloth top pad again.
As a combination to take to the multiplayer world of gaming, Tt eSPORTS has raised the bar very high, and made it very tough for the rest of the competition to catch up to these sorts of products.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||92%|
|Bundle and Packaging||96%|
|Value for Money||98%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: For an ambidextrous design, the Ventus is worth every penny Tt eSports is asking of it. As for the Draconem, it is the best mouse pad we have ever tested - it comes with a bungee, and is also worth the investment for the superb feel and accuracy it offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Ventus Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Ventus]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning