OCZ Intrepid 3600 Internals
The OCZ Intrepid 3600 comes in the 2.5" form factor with a 9.2mm z-height in a durable alloy case.
The PCB is secured into the chassis with four additional screws. Further disassembly reveals two thick thermal pads that wick heat away from the controller and capacitor.
The Indilinx-branded IDX400M00-BC controller is a Marvell 88S9187 with OCZ-proprietary enterprise firmware. The combination of the Marvell controller and OCZ firmware is referred to as the Everest 2 platform. The 8-channel controller features a 6Gb/s SATA interface and support for 16-way interleaving. The Micron DDR3-1333 DRAM chip has a counterpart on the rear of the PCB to provide a total of 1GB of DRAM cache. The beefy AVX supercapacitor protects the contents of the cache during host power-loss events.
The Intrepid features 16 Toshiba 19nm Toggle TH58TEG8DDJBA8C NAND packages. The large AVX supercapacitor resides on a small daughterboard.
The unique capacitor arrangement comes apart to reveal a small connector that mates the two PCB's. The two PCB's are tightly sandwiched together by the case. Once assembled the tight packaging prevents separation in high-vibration environments.
OCZ Intrepid 3600 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4