OCZ Intrepid 3600 Internals
The OCZ Intrepid 3600 comes in the 2.5" form factor with a 9.2mm z-height in a durable alloy case.
The PCB is secured into the chassis with four additional screws. Further disassembly reveals two thick thermal pads that wick heat away from the controller and capacitor.
The Indilinx-branded IDX400M00-BC controller is a Marvell 88S9187 with OCZ-proprietary enterprise firmware. The combination of the Marvell controller and OCZ firmware is referred to as the Everest 2 platform. The 8-channel controller features a 6Gb/s SATA interface and support for 16-way interleaving. The Micron DDR3-1333 DRAM chip has a counterpart on the rear of the PCB to provide a total of 1GB of DRAM cache. The beefy AVX supercapacitor protects the contents of the cache during host power-loss events.
The Intrepid features 16 Toshiba 19nm Toggle TH58TEG8DDJBA8C NAND packages. The large AVX supercapacitor resides on a small daughterboard.
The unique capacitor arrangement comes apart to reveal a small connector that mates the two PCB's. The two PCB's are tightly sandwiched together by the case. Once assembled the tight packaging prevents separation in high-vibration environments.
OCZ Intrepid 3600 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system