OCZ Intrepid 3600 Internals
The OCZ Intrepid 3600 comes in the 2.5" form factor with a 9.2mm z-height in a durable alloy case.
The PCB is secured into the chassis with four additional screws. Further disassembly reveals two thick thermal pads that wick heat away from the controller and capacitor.
The Indilinx-branded IDX400M00-BC controller is a Marvell 88S9187 with OCZ-proprietary enterprise firmware. The combination of the Marvell controller and OCZ firmware is referred to as the Everest 2 platform. The 8-channel controller features a 6Gb/s SATA interface and support for 16-way interleaving. The Micron DDR3-1333 DRAM chip has a counterpart on the rear of the PCB to provide a total of 1GB of DRAM cache. The beefy AVX supercapacitor protects the contents of the cache during host power-loss events.
The Intrepid features 16 Toshiba 19nm Toggle TH58TEG8DDJBA8C NAND packages. The large AVX supercapacitor resides on a small daughterboard.
The unique capacitor arrangement comes apart to reveal a small connector that mates the two PCB's. The two PCB's are tightly sandwiched together by the case. Once assembled the tight packaging prevents separation in high-vibration environments.
OCZ Intrepid 3600 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017