Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. However, any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing, and spent over a year designing, building, programming, and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces, and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations (clients). We record total throughput of all clients, and average response time per client.
Over time, we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories. The products range from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS with a single gigabit Ethernet connection. The products will fall into their performance categories based on performance, and not marketing material, or opinion.
After what we observed in the previous tests, the results of our multiclient test are not surprising. Again, we're only using half of the processing power of the MESOS CB220, but we are using all of the disk storage.
The CB220 quickly differentiates itself from the off-the-shelf NAS products after adding just a few clients to the test. At 32 clients, the Quanta delivers nearly twice the throughput of the other units, and it just keeps going up from there. By the end of the test, with 120 clients talking to the NAS units at the same time, the Quanta is over three times faster than anything else on the chart.
More important than the high throughput is the low latency. The Quanta keeps the latency under .5ms throughout the whole test, even when we get up to 120 clients. At 120 clients, the Quanta is just over .3ms of total latency, which is the highest reading in the test, but still the lowest latency we've ever recorded in this test on a NAS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Quanta MESOS CB220]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 Single Client Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook