Packaging, Accessories and Documentation
While we are going to address this as the front of the packaging, it is properly the top. With the 700M at the top, and the logo and Cougar name at the bottom in bright red on black cardboard, this package is hard to miss. Also, the majority of this packaging is a thick clear plastic that affords a great view of the 700M contained within it.
Here we get to see the right side of the 700M through the top section, with "Passion X Innovation" in gold below it. To the left there is "all new gaming spirits," which basically goes on to cover all of the features that Cougar has put into this design. Off to the right, we see the iF Product Design Award, and we even see a tiny chrome silhouette of it near the bottom.
The bottom of the packaging offers a bunch of information to absorb. To the left, under the name and logo, there is a full list of features, including the UIX software and Cougar Fusion, which is a lot like the ROCCAT Talk we have seen previous to this. The right side offers QR codes for the product webpage and the Cougar Facebook page, and finishes with a specifications chart, the package contents, and system requirements.
This last side offers a great view of the left side of the 700M, and off to the left, we see some of the features listed here as well. In the middle we now get a gold Cougar logo, and to the right we see that this is the Black Edition of the 700M.
After cutting the sticker on the bottom, the two ends slide off the plastic and cardboard inner packaging. Here we have removed the clear plastic section to be able to lift the mouse that is currently tied to the grey section of the included bits. In the bottom of the box there is an optional wrist pad for claw grip users, four weights, and there is also a black envelope with paperwork inside.
With the accessories now out of that lower section, we find a smaller, plain wrist pad for the 700M. There is a larger one already on the 700M for palm grip users, but with a press of a button, one can be removed and replaced with the other. To the right we find four 4.5 gram steel weights that have been plated to fight oxidation, and look better.
Inside of the dark black envelope seen at the top left corner, we find the 700M User manual that covers everything from connectivity, through where to get the drivers and how to install them. The manual also points out the functionality of the mouse and the software, and offers a very good sense of what this mouse is capable of, and just how to get it done. Along with the manual, there are two Cougar logo stickers, the Cougar logo and name, and even a Passion X Innovation sticker at the bottom to put anywhere you please.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4