Packaging, Accessories and Documentation
While we are going to address this as the front of the packaging, it is properly the top. With the 700M at the top, and the logo and Cougar name at the bottom in bright red on black cardboard, this package is hard to miss. Also, the majority of this packaging is a thick clear plastic that affords a great view of the 700M contained within it.
Here we get to see the right side of the 700M through the top section, with "Passion X Innovation" in gold below it. To the left there is "all new gaming spirits," which basically goes on to cover all of the features that Cougar has put into this design. Off to the right, we see the iF Product Design Award, and we even see a tiny chrome silhouette of it near the bottom.
The bottom of the packaging offers a bunch of information to absorb. To the left, under the name and logo, there is a full list of features, including the UIX software and Cougar Fusion, which is a lot like the ROCCAT Talk we have seen previous to this. The right side offers QR codes for the product webpage and the Cougar Facebook page, and finishes with a specifications chart, the package contents, and system requirements.
This last side offers a great view of the left side of the 700M, and off to the left, we see some of the features listed here as well. In the middle we now get a gold Cougar logo, and to the right we see that this is the Black Edition of the 700M.
After cutting the sticker on the bottom, the two ends slide off the plastic and cardboard inner packaging. Here we have removed the clear plastic section to be able to lift the mouse that is currently tied to the grey section of the included bits. In the bottom of the box there is an optional wrist pad for claw grip users, four weights, and there is also a black envelope with paperwork inside.
With the accessories now out of that lower section, we find a smaller, plain wrist pad for the 700M. There is a larger one already on the 700M for palm grip users, but with a press of a button, one can be removed and replaced with the other. To the right we find four 4.5 gram steel weights that have been plated to fight oxidation, and look better.
Inside of the dark black envelope seen at the top left corner, we find the 700M User manual that covers everything from connectivity, through where to get the drivers and how to install them. The manual also points out the functionality of the mouse and the software, and offers a very good sense of what this mouse is capable of, and just how to get it done. Along with the manual, there are two Cougar logo stickers, the Cougar logo and name, and even a Passion X Innovation sticker at the bottom to put anywhere you please.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup