Introduction, Specifications, & Pricing
Limefuel offers a great range of mobile batteries, and I've loved each and every one that I've reviewed so far. The auto-charging/sensing part of the charger is just so great, and the company offers batteries with a ton of charge inside of them, ramping all the way up to 24,000mAh. Today, we are looking within the company's Rugged series, at the new Rugged L150XR. This new portable battery bank is a 15,000mAh battery that is IP66 certified, meaning that it is water, dust, and shock/crush resistant.
Aside from the aforementioned product details, the Limefuel Rugged L150XR also has two USB ports for charging up two devices simultaneously, passthrough charging capabilities, a smudge-proof rubber finish, and ridges for enhanced grip. Additionally, the L150XR features auto-on and auto-off abilities to provide you with the maximum amount of battery life, and a touch-activated power indicator.
Limefuel has provided the Rugged L150XR with some serious specifications, with the dual USB ports listed as capable of 5V/2.1A each, or 5V/4.2A total. The Limefuel Rugged L150XR will also charge quickly thanks to its 5V/2.0A input charging. The company says it will take somewhere between 9-15 hours to charge up, and should have over 500 uses on a full charge. The L150XR measures in at 83 x 144 x 27mm, or 3.27 x 5.55 x 1.06 inches; it's chunky, but not overly cumbersome to carry around. The extra weight is because of its outer shell, which protects the Rugged L150XR from the elements, and much more.
Limefuel sells the Rugged L150XR on its website for $84.99, and it appears to be selling well, because it is already out of stock on Amazon. The L150XR is priced a bit high for our liking, but you can't directly compare this against a normal power bank, as this is somewhat of an enthusiast's or outdoorsy-type's charger. You can take this charger with you on a variety of trips, whether it be on a plane, in the car, or even camping, and everything in between. The waterproof and shockproof features are the two biggest winners here, which is something we will discuss in greater detail shortly.
Taking It Out of the Packaging
Let's get into the packaging. Limefuel has splashed a good design on the box itself - which makes a great first impression.
As we can see here, we have the Limefuel Rugged L150XR battery itself featured on the front, with a note that it is IP166 Rugged - protected from water, dirt, and drops. Flipping it over, we can see that we have 15,000mAh of battery, 2A for input charging, a two-in-one cable, IP66 rating, and much, much more.
In the box we have a carry strap with clip, a two-in-one cable that provides both micro-USB and Lightning, the Rugged L150XR itself, and the User Guide.
We present to you, the Limefuel Rugged L150XR.
On the top of the Rugged L150XR, we have a closed flap that protects the micro-USB port for charging, and the two 2.1A-capable USB ports.
Here we have a proper look at the two USB ports, and the micro-USB input port.
Here we have the Limefuel Rugged L150XR on its back, and to the right, you can see it flipped over on its face.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- Intel Core i9-7900X benchmarked: 10C/20T @ 4.3GHz
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017