Accessories and Documentation
The Brocken 2 shares the mounting hardware of the ECO. There are AMD and Intel top brackets on either side of the universal backplate, with the cross bar for mounting the cooler at the top. Below the plate, there are the four stickers that isolate the AMD side of the backplate.
Here we have the rest of the gear needed to mount the coolers. There is an LGA775 pre-load spacer, four plastic spacers that slide over the studs, and eight of the fan hole isolation plugs. To the right, we find eight tiny screws to mount the brackets together, four thumbscrews, TIM, LGA2011 socket screws, and the four studs used with all other mounting.
We also found four wire fan clips in the hardware box. So far, all three coolers we have used from Alpenfoehn do have some of the best clips on the market. These clips require the least effort and stress to get fans on and off their coolers.
Unlike the ECO that used a 120mm Wing Boost 2 fan, for the Brocken 2, we get a rounded 140mm fan with standard mounting locations for 140mm fans. This nine bladed, black on black fan also sports a sleeved cable, and a four-pin connection with a pigtail to add another fan.
With the Brocken 2, there is a large folded sheet that explains what should be in the kit, and how to get the cooler mounted with any Intel or AMD socket you are planning to use. The renderings are pretty good, but the text is concise and not very informative; however, there is enough to go on so that you may figure it out as you go along, like we did with the fan plugs.
We were also sent the retail version of the Wing Boost 2 140mm fan. Here we see the fan you get on the cooler is identical to the retail fan. Unlike the blue ring addition to the 120mm retail sample (which we saw with the ECO), this fan is identical to the accompanying fan in every way.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99