Samsung PM853T Internals
The PM853T comes with the standard spartan Samsung livery in a 2.5" form factor with a 7mm z-height.
The components are not cooled with thermal pads, and no fasteners are used to secure the PCB in the case. The four protrusions inside the case mate with the PCB to hold it firmly into place.
The PCB is very familiar, and looks to be the same design employed with the 845DC EVO. There are eight packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3-bit 128Gbit MLC NAND.
There are several banks of Tantalum capacitors on the end of the PCB, and others interspersed among the other edges of the PCB. There are only two extra capacitors required to provide power fail protection between the 480 and 960GB capacities.
The proprietary Samsung MEX controller powers the PM853T, and is flanked by the requisite DRAM package that functions as a cache for the SSD.
Samsung PM853T Specifications
The PM853T carries the MZ7GE960HMHP-00003 part number.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung PM853T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup