A Closer Look
Let's get a better look at the UE Boom in all of its 360-degree goodness.
Starting from the top, we have some gigantic volume buttons, and a plastic UE branding tag to the right.
Up top, we have the Bluetooth button (and a tiny LED in the middle), as well as the power button.
On the bottom, we have a 3.5mm jack, and micro-USB port for charging up the UE Boom.
It's a simple speaker, which is great. There's not much to do on it apart from turn it on and turn the volume up and down, which I find cranking it up on the UE Boom and controlling the volume through your smartphone or tablet easier.
The biggest draw card to the UE Boom is its 360-degree audio, thanks to Logitech making the speaker in a cylinder shape. It looks striking when it's standing up, pumping out its noise all around the room. Its design allows for easy portability, as well as allowing the UE Boom to be used in many different ways and positions. It can be used in the car on a road trip, laying somewhere, or anywhere thanks to its 360-degree sound.
Logitech has provided two very large volume buttons on the UE Boom, something that makes adjusting the volume on it easier than you can imagine. The buttons are just truly gigantic, and have a nice "squish" feeling when you press down onto them.
Another nice touch is the waterproof goodness that Logitech has baked into its Bluetooth-powered speaker, something that even the ports are protected from. Logitech provides a little rubber part that gets installed into the bottom of the speaker, which plugs up the micro-USB and 3.5mm jack from the elements. This makes the UE Boom even better, and even more portable because it can be thrown virtually anywhere, and it won't be hurt. This can include water, or physical damage, thanks to its rubber parts at the top, bottom and sides.
The UE Boom has a really great textured feel to it, too. This is something I didn't expect, but it just feels great to the touch. Even just brushing your finger against it, or grabbing it in the palm of your hand, the UE Boom impresses with its quality. Logitech hasn't spared an expense here with the UE Boom, it's a beautiful product from its packaging, right down to the little finishing touches the company has put on its new flagship Bluetooth speaker.
The rubber part on the side isn't just a nice way of providing the volume buttons, but it acts as a stopper for the speaker from rolling over when you use it laying down. I found I was able to lay it down on my table or outside, and the rubber part of the UE Boom would stop it from constantly rolling off somewhere. It's these little things that really add to the whole experience of the UE Boom.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability & Package]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Standout Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017