Toshiba HG6 Internals
The Toshiba THNSNJ512GCSU HG6 comes in the 2.5" form factor with a 7.2mm and 9.5mm z-height, with Toshiba branding. We can spot the thermal pads peeking out through the holes in the bottom of the case.
An additional four internal fasteners hold the HG6's PCB in place.
The PCB is fastened to a riser, which provides the correct gap between the PCB and thermal pads. These thick pads transfer heat from the components into the case to keep the drive cool in demanding environments.
The bottom of the PCB is bare, with all eight Toshiba A19nm Toggle 2.0 MLC NAND packages on top. We also spot the bare mounting pad for a DRAM package, which is not included in this model of the drive.
The custom Toshiba T635879BXBG controller powers the HG6.
Toshiba HG6 Specifications
The THNSNJ512GCSU also comes in a SED model, signified by the THNSNJ512GBSU part number.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba HG6 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017