This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The SM843T averages 26,100 IOPS and features a nice, consistent performance profile. The P400M averages 21,075 IOPS, the Samsung SM843 has a very consistent average of 13,653 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3700 averages 32,820 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The SM843T comes in second during the test window.
The SM843T averages 3.35 watts, the SM843 averages 2.43 watts, the P400M averages 3.11 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.30 watts.
The SM843T averages 7,714 IOPS per watt; the SM843 averages 5,969 IOPS per watt; the P400M averages 6,752 IOPS per watt; and the DC S3700 averages a tremendous 10,629 IOPS per watt.
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The SM843T averages 19,932 IOPS at 256 OIO. The SM843 averages 28,800 IOPS, and the P400M averages 21,196 IOPS, falling to the DC S3700 average of 24,551 IOPS.
The SM843 pulls ahead in latency vs. IOPS testing.
The SM843T averages 3.35 watts, the SM843 averages 2.7 watts, the P400M averages 3.27 watts, and the DC S3700 requires 3.85 watts during the web server workload.
The SM843T averages 1,158 IOPS per watt; the SM843 averages 1,094 IOPS per watt; the P400M scores 2,971 IOPS per watt; and the DC S3700 averages 2,096 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league