This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The SM843T averages 26,100 IOPS and features a nice, consistent performance profile. The P400M averages 21,075 IOPS, the Samsung SM843 has a very consistent average of 13,653 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3700 averages 32,820 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The SM843T comes in second during the test window.
The SM843T averages 3.35 watts, the SM843 averages 2.43 watts, the P400M averages 3.11 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.30 watts.
The SM843T averages 7,714 IOPS per watt; the SM843 averages 5,969 IOPS per watt; the P400M averages 6,752 IOPS per watt; and the DC S3700 averages a tremendous 10,629 IOPS per watt.
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The SM843T averages 19,932 IOPS at 256 OIO. The SM843 averages 28,800 IOPS, and the P400M averages 21,196 IOPS, falling to the DC S3700 average of 24,551 IOPS.
The SM843 pulls ahead in latency vs. IOPS testing.
The SM843T averages 3.35 watts, the SM843 averages 2.7 watts, the P400M averages 3.27 watts, and the DC S3700 requires 3.85 watts during the web server workload.
The SM843T averages 1,158 IOPS per watt; the SM843 averages 1,094 IOPS per watt; the P400M scores 2,971 IOPS per watt; and the DC S3700 averages 2,096 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand