Samsung SM843T Internals
The Samsung SM843T comes in the 2.5" and 1.8" form factor with a 7.2mm z-height, and the traditionally spartan Samsung livery.
The construction of the SM843T is fairly simple, with no thermal pads. The PCB is held within the case by an additional four fasteners.
The 480GB SM843T features 8 x 21nm 64Gb MLC packages. The rear of the PCB is bare, with the exception of the tantalum capacitors used for host power-loss protection.
The tri-core S4LN021X01-8030 MDX controller powers the SSD, and is flanked by a 512MB package of DDR2 SDRAM.
The robust power fail system comes via the Tantalum capacitors and SPOR (Sudden Power Off and Recovery) firmware enhancements.
Samsung SM843T Specifications
The SM843T is listed with the MZ7WD480HAGM-00003 part number.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD