ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless Router
The product packaging for the ASUS RT-AC87U markets a number of features for the router on the left side of the box. In the center, we get a look at the aesthetics of the router.
Internally, we found the packaging to be well put together. The router itself sits in its own slot with the cables and power adapter to the right behind a cover.
Scope of delivery includes four antennas, power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
The RT-AC87U carries a sleek appearance with all activity LEDs tucked under the front edge. The two outside edges of the router carry the same finish we found on previous routers like the Dark Knight N66U.
Here we have a look at the bottom and front edge of the router. As you can see, the USB 3.0 port is tucked under the right side.
The back of the router houses four gigabit LAN connections next to the single WAN port. We also have a USB 2.0 port, along with the reset button in red and WPS in black.
Internally, we found three large heat sinks covering the major components.
Removing the heat sinks, we found the Broadcom BCM4709A to the far left with the Quantenna QSR1000 in the center. Additionally, we have the Broadcom 4360 to the far right operating the 2.4GHz radio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017