ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless Router
The product packaging for the ASUS RT-AC87U markets a number of features for the router on the left side of the box. In the center, we get a look at the aesthetics of the router.
Internally, we found the packaging to be well put together. The router itself sits in its own slot with the cables and power adapter to the right behind a cover.
Scope of delivery includes four antennas, power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
The RT-AC87U carries a sleek appearance with all activity LEDs tucked under the front edge. The two outside edges of the router carry the same finish we found on previous routers like the Dark Knight N66U.
Here we have a look at the bottom and front edge of the router. As you can see, the USB 3.0 port is tucked under the right side.
The back of the router houses four gigabit LAN connections next to the single WAN port. We also have a USB 2.0 port, along with the reset button in red and WPS in black.
Internally, we found three large heat sinks covering the major components.
Removing the heat sinks, we found the Broadcom BCM4709A to the far left with the Quantenna QSR1000 in the center. Additionally, we have the Broadcom 4360 to the far right operating the 2.4GHz radio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology