ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless Router
The product packaging for the ASUS RT-AC87U markets a number of features for the router on the left side of the box. In the center, we get a look at the aesthetics of the router.
Internally, we found the packaging to be well put together. The router itself sits in its own slot with the cables and power adapter to the right behind a cover.
Scope of delivery includes four antennas, power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
The RT-AC87U carries a sleek appearance with all activity LEDs tucked under the front edge. The two outside edges of the router carry the same finish we found on previous routers like the Dark Knight N66U.
Here we have a look at the bottom and front edge of the router. As you can see, the USB 3.0 port is tucked under the right side.
The back of the router houses four gigabit LAN connections next to the single WAN port. We also have a USB 2.0 port, along with the reset button in red and WPS in black.
Internally, we found three large heat sinks covering the major components.
Removing the heat sinks, we found the Broadcom BCM4709A to the far left with the Quantenna QSR1000 in the center. Additionally, we have the Broadcom 4360 to the far right operating the 2.4GHz radio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99