Inside the Phenom Mini-ITX Continued
We are now looking at the motherboard tray. The standoffs come in the tray, and where there isn't motherboard, they trimmed it down at the front, and left it expanded near the back. They also rolled the steel inward, and this offers a safe place to run wiring on either side. The front edge of this tray is drilled to allow a pair of 2.5" drives to reside there as well, so we are up to eight now.
Below the motherboard tray, we find the floor to be very well ventilated with the large honeycomb pattern cut into the steel. We also find there are four rubber pads to help support short PSUs, and we strongly suggest along with being compact, they should also be modular.
Inside the rear of the chassis we see the expansion slots are even with the back, allowing for just a simple cutout to hold the I/O shield. We also see that there is a 120mm fan installed in the back, and both this fan and the front fan use three-pin connections for power.
With everything pretty much gone from the chassis now, as we look in from the right side, we find the tray is shaped to match the opposing side. The gears are turning as to the amount of components you can install where the drives used to be.
Inside of the right door panel, we find a thick plastic rack installed. We find this rack to be capable of holding another pair of 2.5" drives with the PCB of the front I/O just in front of it.
The black sleeved and ribbons of wire coming from the I/O panel terminate in the AC'97 and HD audio at the left, the HDD LED, PWR LED, power and reset button connections, and the native USB 3.0 connection to the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017