Accessories and Documentation
We found a very solid setup of parts in the hardware set. There are Intel top brackets at the top, with the universal backplate being flanked with half of the AMD top brackets. To allow the use of the cross bar at the bottom, the Intel and AMD legs are combined to offer both orientations for AMD users to choose to use.
Here we have four thick plastic spacers, and a set of small screws to assemble the top brackets for AMD use. The bottom shows the LGA2011 hardware, the thumbscrews that lock all the hardware to the motherboard, and the studs that pass through the plate and are held in place by the spacers.
Also as part of the kit, we were sent the LGA775 pre-load spacer, a set of eight rubber fan isolation pads in the black strip of rubber, a set of four plastic stickers to isolate the backplate for AMD use, and a small tube of thermal paste.
Along with all the rest of the gear, there is also this set of four wire fan mounting clips. These simply tuck into the fan screw holes nearest the cooler, and with very little pressure, stretch around the cooler and clip into the sides.
We are also given this 120mm Wing Boost 2 PWM fan to cool the Brocken ECO. This fan offers nine S-shaped blades with black on black coloration for the fins and frame. The fan is powered with a four-pin header at the end of a sleeved cable, but also has a pigtail to allow another fan to be powered as well, allowing one header and PWN circuit to control both fans.
The manual offered with the Brocken ECO is well illustrated, but the text that goes with the images is very basic. It does walk through both AMD and Intel installations, but pay close attention to the images for orientations, as descriptions seem to omit the fine details.
Last but not least, we also have the secondary fan sent along with the Brocken ECO. This is the retail version of the Wing Boost 2 120mm fan. While all of the specs are the same from one fan to another, the major change in the retail versus the supplied fan is that the retail version sports a cool blue ring in the frame, and a blue sticker on the hub.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning