This is the exact same cable layout that we saw with the 850W DPS and my complaint is that it is just that. There aren't any more options. There isn't a second EPS12V cable. There simply aren't any more options to utilize the extra power cables other than by increasing the wattage used on the 12V rails. Other than that, we've got a solid list of cables here that should take care of most users.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
This is the first time that we have seen a significant difference in the two DPS units and we can tell that they are in almost no way similar. The new design certainly favors less passive cooling. And there are many differences on the secondary side.
A single Nippon Chemi-Con capacitor is present for the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the power supply and this is where you will find a big difference. Many of the secondary caps were solid state on the previous model. This time around, they are electrolytic caps.
Thermaltake uses a slightly different fan this time around as well. This time they use the TT-1425 fan, which appears to be a rebranded Ong Hua HA1425L-12SB-Z.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller