This is the exact same cable layout that we saw with the 850W DPS and my complaint is that it is just that. There aren't any more options. There isn't a second EPS12V cable. There simply aren't any more options to utilize the extra power cables other than by increasing the wattage used on the 12V rails. Other than that, we've got a solid list of cables here that should take care of most users.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
This is the first time that we have seen a significant difference in the two DPS units and we can tell that they are in almost no way similar. The new design certainly favors less passive cooling. And there are many differences on the secondary side.
A single Nippon Chemi-Con capacitor is present for the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the power supply and this is where you will find a big difference. Many of the secondary caps were solid state on the previous model. This time around, they are electrolytic caps.
Thermaltake uses a slightly different fan this time around as well. This time they use the TT-1425 fan, which appears to be a rebranded Ong Hua HA1425L-12SB-Z.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes