The DPS G 1050W power supply uses nearly identical packaging as the previous generation DPS units. Aside from a few picture changes relating to the physical appearance of the unit and the new components, there is no difference.
At the very least we know that quality hasn't gone down any. The components shown and text are almost word for word for what we saw with the DPS 850W.
Even the cables included and I/O specifications (with the exception of the 12V rail) are identical to what we saw from the DPS 850W unit. I'd still like to see a list of cable quantities, along with their length on the box.
Finally we have a quick list of features in multiple languages on the box. Three sides simply show a picture of the unit and contain no useful information.
Inside the Box
Standard foam packaging protects the unit in shipping and there is plenty there in case your package takes some abuse along the way.
The top of the unit features the I/O specification label and we can see the matte black finish on the unit.
Both sides have the exact same logo with it being inverted on the opposite.
On the front of the Toughpower DPS G 1050W we find that all of the connectors are clearly labeled.
For the first time in a very long time, we find a non-honeycomb mesh backplate to the power supply. Also note the rounder corners. There are rubber isolation mounts included in order to reduce vibration and lower noise created by the unit.
The bottom of the unit flows with the ventilation on the back and gives some much needed contrast to the unit.
Included with the unit are flat modular cables. All of the PCI-E cables have red connectors to make them easy to differentiate.
Accessories included are the AC power cord, cable ties, rubber isolation mounts, elongated mounting screws for the rubber mounts, and USB head cable which allows you to utilize Thermaltake's DPS App with the DPS G power supply.
Rounding out the contents of our box were two warranty packets and a user manual. We're assuming the two user manuals stuck together and that most will only receive one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017