Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The SM2246EN barely sips power, even in large capacity sizes. Part of that comes from the 4-channel design and part of it also comes from the advanced sleep states. The controller can even go all the way down to DEVSLP to conserve the notebook battery.
Of all the drives on the chart, the Force LX delivered the most notebook battery life. The orange bar is a typical HDD currently shipping in several notebooks on the market. Some of the drives on the chart actually use more power than HDDs.
Power Limited Performance
MobileMark also gives us a performance score. With the notebook in a low power mode, the SATA, CPU and PCIe links are crippled. In this performance test, we're looking for efficiency in this crippled power state. Most of the drives perform very close to each other.
The Hyper II, the only consumer SLC SSD on the chart does perform a little better, but you're paying a premium for a small amount of space and a small performance bump in a low power environment. The HDD is clearly the slowest drive on the chart, no surprises there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse