At first we thought the Z-Alien looked great then after 15 minutes of looking at the front, it kind of turned us off. After looking at it more closely as we began working with the case and trying to feel some love, we began to like the case as we grew accustomed to its unique looks.
It is nice to see something a little different hit the market. We see too many cases with a different color or a different window which has become quite boring. The Z-Alien case looks different and is extremely well made, and considering the price of around $140 US ($200 AU at PC Case Gear) with a 400 watt power supply, we really cannot complain one bit despite our efforts.
All the fans help push air around the case and with the 120mm fan at the back, the effectiveness of these fans is high. With its all over blue sleekness, it looks great and considering the price, it is nice to have these extra features which are normally something reserved for a more expensive casing option.
In summary there is no denying that this case isn't going to be for everyone - extraterrestrials might just plain scare the death out of some enthusiasts. If you're after a big aluminum case which is different from the norm in a way we consider very positive, it's probably worth having a second or third look at the Z-Alien case from A-Top Technology.
Nice and roomy inside
Very easy installation
Side panel looks excellent
Good build quality
Looks great at night with glow effect
Front might be a bit too much for some
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications