CPU Test - HyperPi 0.99
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.99
CPU Test - AIDA64
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Starting with HyperPi, you can see that out of the box, the X99 based boards don't perform as well as the higher clocked Z97 offerings with the i7 4790K. While overclocking does help close the gap and line up performance, it's still not quite where we'd like it to be.
On the other hand, AIDA64 paints a very different picture, showing just how much extra grunt is available; between the two X99 offerings, you can see that the ASUS does manage to come out ahead of the ASRock offering out of the box. Throwing overclocking into the mix, you can see performance jumps right up across the board, with some massive CPU numbers being seen.
System Test - PCMark 8
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.04
System Test - MediaEspresso
Version and / or Patch Used: 6.5 / 7
Looking at PCMark 8 numbers, you can see performance is quite similar on all setups across the board, and overclocking does very little to add extra performance. Looking at MediaEspresso, you can see that performance is a little bit quicker at stock. Overclocking helps shave a solid two minutes off the encode time, which equates to nearly 20%.
Starting today, we've also added MediaEspresso 7 into the mix, and we will slowly transition into it. You can see it's significantly faster, with stock performance coming in at the mid ten minute mark, and overclocked performance being just over eight minutes. Over the coming weeks as we test more and more motherboards, we will slowly begin to phase v6.5 out and replace it with v7.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017