Antec uses their standard layout for the box of the EDGE 650W, but the graphic is a bit more catchy than usual. "Silence defined," is apparently important with the EDGE series if you can't tell.
The back presents us with a list of highlights for the EDGE 650W power supply.
I/O specifications can be found on one end of the box, along with a list of connectors. Unfortunately, there are no cable lengths specified.
A few more features can be found on the bottom of the box. The on/off switch for the LED fan is important to note, as there are many end users who have to skip over units, because they don't want an LED fan and they don't have the option to turn it off.
Inside the Box
Antec's cardboard packaging seems to do quite well. As seen in previous pictures, our box had some damage in shipping, but our power supply didn't show any damage when removed from the box.
The EDGE series is finished in black paint with the I/O specs listed on the top of the unit.
Both sides of the unit feature honeycomb cutouts. At first glance, you would assume that these are for additional ventilation of the power supply.
The Antec logo is inverted on the other side so that that it is displayed properly in case the power supply is installed in the bottom of a case.
The front is well labeled for connectors and rails aside from the Main connector not having rails identified. It uses both 12V rails, which helps load balancing.
The back looks like any other power supply with honeycomb mesh for venting along with AC input and on/off rocker switch. Antec has also placed a sticker here with the EDGE logo for a little bit of flair.
The bottom of the unit shows the clear 135mm fan that provides the active cooling and straight wire fan grill similar to what Corsair and be quiet! utilize.
All cables except for the Main are of the flat ribbon type.
Some of the cables are labeled for which end must go to the power supply. This is due to the slim connectors that Antec uses and is what gives the flexibility to use the 16-pin connectors on the front of the power supply in numerous ways to load balance the unit.
Standard inclusion with any unit is a set of mounting screws, AC input cord, user manual and warranty information.
Antec also includes some silicone mounts to go with the EDGE power supply. These go on both ends of the power supply and help reduce noise associated with vibration. Two colors are included for personal preference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications